Friday, April 1, 2011

Terrible Poetry

Last night I came across poems that I wrote at some point in my past... unfortunately they were not dated.  But FORTUNATELY, they are terrible, and so now I share them for your enjoyment.

My best estimation is that this one was written in 8th or 9th grade.  I give you, Lovesick:

My chest is aching
I can feel my heart breaking
Why won't you give back this love you are taking?


You're in my every thought
You're always on my mind
No one knows how hard I've fought to leave this love behind


My only wish is for you to feel
The way I feel for you
But in my heart and in my mind I know it won't come true


I've tried to forget my feelings
Again and again
Because I know that you love me, but just as a friend


I've never felt a love like this
A love so strong and pure
I have a disease called Lovesickness for which there is no known cure

The second piece was written while I was experimenting with un-rhyming poetry.  Embarrassingly, I believe it was written when I was in 11th grade.  Warning: it's a little dark.

You Don't Love Me
If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen
If you can't stand the hurt, there is no place to hide
You make me feel important
Your smile lights up the darkest room
Your face is always bright and shining,
Never full of tears
You make me laugh
So hard I cry
But you don't love me.
My feelings are like a whirlpool
Swirling all around me,
Filling me up,
Choking me,
Drowing me,
Killing me.
I love you
But you don't love me
And it breaks my heart.

And what aspiring poet's repertoire would be complete without a Haiku?  Without further ado, Untitled:

My heart, full of pain
My body yearns to touch you
You're near, yet seem far.

That one is pretty deep, so I'll just leave you now to digest the symbolism.


No comments:

Post a Comment